Biocom California’s top priority is the safety of our members and the well-being of our employees. After careful consideration, Biocom California has decided to transform our 2021 Global Life Science Partnering Conference to a fully virtual event. We know that many lives are being impacted and disrupted by COVID-19 and we are grateful to be able to continue offering our members valuable content in a safe manner.
An investor who receives discounted registration is expected to participate in the virtual partnering system, ideally with at least two meetings secured through the system.
Criteria for Discounted Investor Registration:
1. Senior management or investment staff with a Fund (ETF, mutual fund, or other non-bank institution) currently invested in life sciences.
2. Senior management or investment staff from a pension or employee benefit plan currently invested in life sciences.
3. Senior management at a family office currently or previously invested in life sciences. Family offices must be verified for discounted registration.
4. Senior leadership or management with a venture or private equity firm managing assets of $25 million or more.
5. Senior management at an angel investor fund (or group) currently or previously invested in life sciences.
6. Senior management at a charitable or not-for-profit organization with a fund of $5 million or more currently invested in the life sciences.
7. Research analyst from a FINRA (the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) accredited institution (e.g. sell-side analysts, and investment advisors or groups at banks).
8. Research Analyst for a fund currently invested in U.S. life science companies.
9. Alternative financing firms are qualified, but limited to two delegates per firm. Additional delegates will pay the general service provider rate.
Attendees who do not qualify for discounted registration include:
1. Financial advisors or representatives from advisory service firms.
2. Service providers/consultants to the biotech industry.
3. Product suppliers to the biotech industry including CRO’s and CMO’s.
4. Firms that provide services and/or charge a fee to biotech companies in exchange for research/media/investor relations coverage. For complimentary registration for members of the media, or for media inquiries please contact [email protected]
5. Retail/individual investors.
6. Investment and merchant bankers.
7. Real estate development professionals.
8. Members of economic development organizations.
9. Firms who have a service providing component to their fund’s business model will be evaluated on a case by case basis. If this fund’s information is NOT located in any mainstream database (Ipreo, FactSet),
Biocom California may ask for references for investor qualification. Biocom California reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make the determination of the proper classification of an investor or registrant. Depending on this classification, registration fees may be required. Biocom California reserves the right to publish materials and restrict conference and/or partnering system access consistent with these determinations.
Contact Angela Weiszchowski at [email protected] to learn more.
2020 Confirmed Investors
2019 Confirmed Investors